Our 2 week Movement Method training program is set in the green rolling hills of Leicestershire, UK. In your time here you will be helping run the play dates at the idyllic Little Explorers Activity Club, prepare activities and be with the children. You will be trained in the Movement Method everyday both theory and practical. You will be helping develop further projects within the gardens to inspire the children and make the activity club a truly magical place to be.
- Theory: What is Movement Method
- Theory: The science of learning
- Theory & Exercises: The Physical Environment
- Exercise: Transforming an Environment
- Theory: The Human Environment
- Theory: Drop it, Do it, Confirm it – The Movement Method IEP
- Interactive Demos
Setting yourself up for success
- Guideline 1: Self-Compassion
- Guideline 2: Picking your Battles
- Guideline 3: Trust the primary care-giver
- Guideline 4: Follow the Child
Setting the child up for success
- Guideline 5: Attention & Eye Contact
- Guideline 6: Humor
- Guideline 7: Time for Innovation
- Guideline 8: The Right Pressure
We will also cover activity planning, creating games and activities around the child’s interests, educational games, how to set up play dates and participate in a Little Explorers play date or multi family activity club.
Included in the program is shared accommodation on site with kitchen and bathroom and pick up and drop offs from the local Market Harborough train station. You may use the electric bikes we have here to get into the town which is only one mile away. Not included – food or car.
Please email Arabella at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in applying and we will send you an application form.
If you have already taken the Movement Method Online course but would like some more practical experience at The Little Explorers Activity Club please do get in touch and we can tailor make a package to suit your needs.